Saturday, July 26, 2008

Well, I'm back at UCLA. My time at Cal State Long Beach was a short one.  There were great times such as playing basketball with high school kids.  And there were not so great times such as eating in the dining hall every day.  The food was terrible.  I'd never seen such sad meals.  The mashed potatoes were made from powder, each type of meat was in a pattie form, the garlic bread was sliced bread with garlic on it...I had missed the fine cuisine from Stanford dining.

The week ended with a White Coat Ceremony at Charles R. Drew University.  After the ceremony, I wore my white coat inside of Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Target.  I didn't wear it inside of Bank of America, but maybe I should have worn it today when I went grocery shopping.  Today, in Ralph's a lady just starts talking to me.  She swears she gave me a ride from Ralph's back to UCLA a while back.  I have to tell that she is wrong and that I've just only recently arrived in UCLA.  I don't want to get into race issues, but she said she thought I was the same guy because my groceries were the same as the ones this other guy had purchased....Why couldn't she differentiate my face from his?.....She didn't even say I looked like the other guy!.....I guess we all look the same and my set of groceries gave me away as some other guy.  This is what I bought: Guerrero flour tortillas, rice, beans, lettuce, tomato sauce, salt, garlic salt, a can opener, a light bulb, and some knives....No further comment about that lady.....I can only wonder what that other guy was going to prepare for dinner--there's just so many possibilities.

Since that lady has killed any desire of mine to cook tonight, I will have a Herbalife nutritional shake with bananas.  Later tonight I might end up at the In-N-Out I discovered that's a quarter of a mile away.

No comments: