Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been awhile since my last blog, but I finally have my internet working.  So much has happened since my last blog.  I am at Cal State Long Beach for Pre-Matriculation Week.  Shout-out to my sister for making it from LA to Palo Alto in less than 5 hours.  I wish she had not done it, but she did.  I can't wait for my chance to beat that time.   Also, thanks for others who have left comments.  I was too busy going to the Long Beach Aquarium to respond....it was awesome!  This week has also been filled with intense instruction and informationals.  I go to sleep early and get up even earlier.....I guess that's like negative sleep.

These days the 2nd year medical students are trying to intimidate us.  The mantra of the week is "there's no time!".  The question was asked, "How do you plan to study?" and a student ( I swear it wasn't me) innocently replied, "re-write my notes."  And the instructor said, "there's no time to re-write notes!"  So now I have to plan on getting done with all of my stuff when there is no time.  I have to fit my lab rotations into my class and study time which apparently leave me no time.

Also, I'm doing Herbalife!  I think it's awesome, because of the large disconnect between medicine, nutrition, and exercise.  Herbalife has also changed the way I look at overweight individuals.  I now want to reach out to them and get them to join Herbalife, join a gym, and join a nutrition plan that suits them.  Once I get settled in I will go out and get people to make healthier life choices.  We all have choices.  We all have an optimal weight.  I'll be there to help people make the right choices to reach their optimal weight.  Thanks to Edgar for the above design.

I also moved into my graduate housing at Weyburn Terrace.  I have a kitchen where I now need to cook.  Please leave comments for suggestions in addition to simple cooking steps--simple because I don't have time!  I also brought my bike--thank God that it didn't fly off on the freeway.  My room is near awesome now that I have taken my brother's speakers.  I just found out that we already have cable with everything!  Now I'm going to go buy a nice television next week...perhaps I will buy a nice futon....nah, there's no time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! No Time?
What happened to Cal State LA?
The aquarium is nice, you should check out the Pike, which is right across the street...just follow that metal wire that hangs above the street. It's a cool hang out spot.

As for recipes, Cookies n Cream shake with soy milk and a few strawberries is delicious!

Hope all is well and don't let them older kids punk you. Show them why they call you Sal "THE *" JONES!

See you in a few weeks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpmr8Shy_UA

Anonymous said...

Wow, i get a shoutout on driving too fast, lol.

As for recipes...hmm, well u know ramen noodles have always been a fav of urs :)

MissElaineous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MissElaineous said...

Please don't show them why they call you "The *." Please don't.

And how does Edgar know about that moniker? Oh, I forgot. Edgar knows everything...