Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Along with my transition to UCLA, I am starting a new serious workout/diet plan.  Monday marked the beginning, after which my entire body is sore.  I am officially on 'old man grandpa' status--stairs are killing me!  Surprisingly, today has been quite a productive one for me.  My TODO: list has now been halved.

Perhaps my best success so far has been with finding professors at UCLA to do research with.  I have about 10 professors who are eager to meet with me when I get to UCLA and allow me to do a rotation through their labs.  Technically, medical students don't do rotations through labs.  My mentor here at Stanford did it, so I will too.  I seem to be over my head a bit in rotating in labs that I know little about, but I seem to do better in environments where I know little.  In those situations my creativity and critical thinking are what set me apart from most medical students.  Por eso, I intend to do meaningful research in each rotation I do...I'm no longer an undergrad.

The next half of 2008 is going to be perhaps my greatest time juggling feat as I take on a bevy of other potentially important projects.........Why does it always seem that the next four months seem to determine what I will do with my life??

Happy Birthday Sarah Louise Whigham Jones.

No comments: