Saturday, July 12, 2008

I saw HellBoy II last night.  As expected, the good guys won, but I wanted to see more choreographed fight scenes with Prince Nuada and Celtic mysticism than HellBoy's drinking Tecate and singing love songs.  Overall, I recommend the movie to all.

On a completely different note, Stanford Football Coach Jim Harbaugh is silently putting together the best recruiting class Stanford has seen in many years.  On my routine trip to grub at the Treehouse, I saw Coach Harbaugh with a couple players and coaches with two recruits.  I immediately recognized one recruit to be Shayne Skov--the No. 3 Outside Linebacker in the nation.  I've seen this guy on video and he is a beast at linebacker.  I introduced myself to Coach Harbaugh and told him I thought he was doing a great job with his recruiting class.  The high point of our talk for me came when Harbaugh asked me why wasn't I playing football and if I had played in high school.  I responded with a 'no' but that I would've liked to be a corner/defensive back type player.  He then asked me what year I was.........Did you see what that was?  Do you see what he was doing?  He was recruiting ME!....or at least that's what I saw it as.  Unfortunately, I had to tell him I graduated and that I wished him the best of luck finding another defensive back as good as Armando.  Of course I didn't say that last part, but I thought of it and that's enough for me.  He did ask me if I wanted to eat lunch with him and the other recruits.  In all honesty, I would've loved to talk football with Harbaugh but realize that he needs to spend time with his recruits.  Hence, I settled to introduce myself to the other recruit who was Offensive Guard Khalil Wilkes who Harbaugh introduced me too.  I gave him a couple words about Stanford and that I'll be at UCLA Med this fall--only at Stanford do you recruit football players with talk of Law School and Medical School.

No doubt Stanford's future is headed in the right direction for years to come.  Let's see what happens with Oregon State on August 28th.  Go Card!

No comments: