Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Last post before I turn 22 and I am exhausted.  I almost didn't make it back tonight from the Wooden Center.  Taekwondo class lasted for 2 hours!  In addition to our warm-up and high intensity class, we had to do 6 sets of 20 burpees with crunches in between sets AFTER class was over.  I had no idea what burpees were before, but this is what they are.  After doing 120 burpees with crunches in between, I almost died.   I laid on the floor for 5 minutes and barely got up.   I managed to shuffle to the bathroom in case my nausea materialized.   And what did my instructor Sean say while we were dying??...."c'mon guys, summer's coming."  What is that supposed to mean???.....I work with Special Olympics on the weekend.  I'm not exactly trying to impress anyone here....though I could.

Somehow I was able to make it back to my apartment.  What a way to end being 21.....this is probably what I would feel like if I made to 81...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You take taekwondo now? cool.