Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anatomy is killing me right now.  Ironically, no one in my class loves anatomy more than I.  It actually pains some classmates I know when they see how much I enjoy anatomy.  I just can't take the way it is taught anymore.  I abhor doing anatomy in "stations."  I'm not alone in this thought.  One anatomy professor "completely understands my concerns," but is yielding to another professor who enjoys "stations."  To me, the whole system is flawed.  At one station, everything is removed except arteries.  At another, everything is removed to see the muscles.  At another station, only the nerves can be seen.  Then there are other stations where we simply waste time.  It should be no surprise, that my classmates often have problems relating structures to each other.  I am doing better than most, but that is due to a large effort on my part.  I go back to anatomy lab when there is no class going on and work on one or two cadavers with most of the anatomical structures still there.  It's kinda ridiculous that there are cadavers that no student (outside of me) will use at all this block.  These cadavers haven't been dissected completely, but enough for me to find what I'm looking for.   These extra long hours are what I enjoy in anatomy....a huge contrast from just earlier today...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gotta love those long hours in there