Sunday, April 5, 2009

Today was again another beautiful day--translation: I didn't do any work.  Of course I tried to; I always do.  I went to the gym in the morning to start my day off right with a plan to get work done afterwards.  Needless to say, after I got back and showered, I was making plans to go to Santa Monica Beach.

The beach was packed beyond belief.  I could've used my long arms to reach into some guy's cooler next to me.  That might've happened if I had been lying on the ground that way.  Of course I was laid out so I could see the ocean, a regatta, and these girls from Mexico (given away by their TB scars and Mexico City-like spanish).  This random old guy stopped by and started talking to them.  He was very bizarre-looking and started drawing stuff in the sand----"very interesting," I thought.  That became my entertainment for awhile.

At the urgence of friends, I put on sunscreen.  I had just learned Friday that sunscreen damages the ocean.  Source:  my preceptor's middle school daughter......sounds reasonable.  So, I only put a little on and then didn't get into the ocean.

Now that the sun has gone down, I'm headed to a Persian restaurant with more friends...

No comments: